Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Interview Meme

When visiting Harmony Cornwell's Writer-In-The-Making blog this week, I couldn't resist volunteering for the fun meme she was participating in. The idea is simple, read the blog entry and decide if you want to volunteer to do a 5 questions interview on your own blog!

Here are the questions Harmony gave me to answer and my ever-so-profound answers:

1. Why do you write?

I write for many reasons. I'm fairly good at it, it brings in cash, and it gives me an outlet for my creativity. The main reason, though, is that it allows me to be home for my kids and more recently, to take care of my mother until she's back to normal. I'd been encouraged by family and friends for years to write for a living and am so glad that I made the decision to give it a shot. It is ironic, though, that I was the first one to cringe in high school when it was time to write a report or essay, yet now I get excited over every new writing venture.

2. Where is your favorite writing spot?

I can't say that I have a favorite spot that I could actually use. I'm stuck at this cheap computer desk with its uncomfortable chair. If I had my way and a laptop, I'd be writing on the porch or somewhere outside every time the weather would allow it. I suppose I need to work a little harder and make some extra cash to fund that dream.

3. What are your hobbies?

With a 12 year old, 13 month old and one on the way, I haven't much time for hobbies anymore. Though when I do get a few extra minutes, I love to curl up with a good book. I also enjoy cooking and have turned into something of a Food Network junkie. Other than that, anything I get to do with the boys and my hubby always makes me smile!

4. Who is someone you talk to everyday that does not live in your house?

My mother is probably the only person I talk to every single day, without fail. She is my best friend and the best mother anyone could ever ask for. She is my biggest fan and always is so proud of my successes and encourages me when things aren't quite going the way I had planned. I honestly do not know what I would do without her.

5. How are you doing on your New Year's Resolutions?

Perfectly! My only resolution this year was not to make any resolutions because I always break them before January is over! That tactic worked like a dream!

Wanna play? just do this:

Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."I respond by asking you five personal questions so I can get to know you better. If I already know you well, expect the questions may be a little more intimate!You WILL update your journal/bloggy thing/whatever with the answers to the questions.You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the post.When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Anyone who wants in, just leave me a comment and I'll come up with 5 questions for you!

5 comments:

Thanks for playing Shannan! I may have to try that resolution trick for next year.

March 22, 2007 at 11:52 AM  

I hear you when it comes to hobbies! When not writing, my children and wife get my full attention. Maybe when I am retired I'll think of doing something besides writing.

March 23, 2007 at 4:21 PM  

If this is still going, I'd love to do this!

April 2, 2007 at 7:14 AM  

Sure! Your five questions are:

1. Who or what was your biggest influence in your decision to become a writer?

2. When is your most productive writing time?

3. What is the one vice in your life that you could never give up?

4. What has been the biggest challenge you have faced as a writer?

5. How did you overcome that challenge?


Have fun!

April 2, 2007 at 8:00 AM  

Done! Thank You!

April 2, 2007 at 9:54 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home